We are looking for an on-site seasoned back-end developer to help maintain, enhance and optimize all aspects of our current platform. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A good understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well. This is a high-traffic, global website. If you've had experience with projects or companies that are similar, it is advantageous.
No agencies. No third-parties and absolutely no outsourced outfits!
Responsibilities + Skills
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Extensive experience with multiple payment processors, load-balancing payment transactions is a big plus.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and integrating them into your codebase
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Proficiency in a Unix environment including basic server setup, management, database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Firewall, Security and compliance knowledge
- User authentication
- Experience with multi-lingual applications is a plus
- Setup and administration of backups
- A BS in Computer Science, MS Preferred